If you have read my post on making more time you know I believe in doing things the night before. If you do things in advance there is less rush when it is due. We are adults now so cramming for the test, or writing the term paper the night before is a thing of the past.
We all know what it takes to make our house run smoothly. We have created a system in our homes of who does what and when. If it is up tp you to get the baby dressed in the morning plan for that. Have the clothes ready and give yourself a 10-15 min window in case you get peed or puked on. It is not fun and I love sleep like the next person if not more but when I make Sundays longer my Mondays feel a whole lot better. Here is what I do on Sundays:
- Finish the deep cleaning- read here for cleaning schedule
- Prep meals for the week (ok I lie, hubby does this, perks to be married to a chef)
- Finish the laundry I started in Friday don’t judge me
- Pack my gym bag because if I miss Monday my week is shot
- Pick out clothes for me and the baby for the WEEK
- Make yet another to do list for the week
Doing these things make Sunday night a little longer, but it also prepares my mind for the week. I get out of lazy weekend mode back to work on the grind mode so on Monday I am not sluggish. Also Monday morning runs smoother because I am prepared. My dad always says “prior planning prevents piss poor performance.” I did not get this way over night but I was tired of the Monday morning blues and decided something needed to be done.
Do you week prep on Sundays? What is your routine?